Whatever your background
Whatever your background or experience, becoming a financial adviser is both accessible and achievable. Even if you think your previous experience is unrelated to financial advice, the likelihood is you’ll have valuable skills – such as dealing with people and time management – that will be highly prized.
People who study with us come from a range of different backgrounds. We’ve helped people who:
- have previously worked in completely different fields – from teaching, to the oil and gas industry
- are changing careers after having spent several decades in one profession
- started working in a particular industry after university but decided it wasn’t for them.
Importantly, Quilter Financial Adviser School isn’t just for school leavers or university graduates, but for anyone of any age who wants to retrain.
Real life experiences
Hear from Ashley who transitioned from being a personal trainer to a financial adviser.
If you don’t already work in a financial advice company, we can help you to secure a work placement during or after your studies by introducing you to local adviser firms that are looking for new talent. Placing you in an advice business means you benefit from:
- a flying start to your career
- the support and encouragement of an existing regulated firm
- the opportunity to develop a career that suits your aspirations and location
Often, the experience of working at your new firm while you study in an administrative, trainee, paraplanning or other role depending on the firm.
Securing a work placement can mean that your employing firm sponsors your learning, paying some or all of the programme costs on your behalf. This will be a personal agreement between you and the business you’re looking to join, but we can support you in these conversations to help you to come to a suitable arrangement.