Quilter is a proud supporter of those who serve, or have served, in the armed forces and their families. We have been recognised for our ongoing commitment supporting the UK’s armed forces communities.
The business was recently awarded with a Silver award by the Ministry of Defence’s Employer Recognition Scheme: a significant endorsement for the level of support it offers to armed forces communities.
The award also represents the business’ ongoing commitment to helping veterans in their career transition, as well as proving ongoing support to colleagues currently working military reservists.
Our work so far
Quilter’s CEO Paul Feeney signed the Armed Forces Covenant on behalf of Quilter plc in December 2018. By signing, Quilter pledged that those who serve or have served in the armed forces will be treated with fairness and respect. At the same time, the business launched its New Start Programme.
In 2019, we were awarded a Bronze award, and in 2020, a Silver award by the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme for the level of support we offer armed forces communities past and present. Find out more on the government website.
New Start: Supporting veterans and military reservists
New Start is our initiative for helping armed forces veterans in their career transitions, as well as supporting colleagues who are military reservists and their families.
The programme focuses on four key areas:
- Recruitment into Quilter – increasing our hiring managers’ awareness of the value veterans can add to our organisation, and increasing the number of ex-military people we recruit.
- Quilter Financial Adviser School – supporting ex-military personnel to join the financial advice profession.
- An internal military connections network – uniting the programme’s supporters and acting as a support network for military veterans who join us.
- Community Engagement – ensuring the ex-military community is represented through our responsible business activities which focus on education, health and employment.
Watch our video to find out how some of our ex-military colleagues have transitioned from the forces into the workplace.
A career at Quilter
If you have left the military and you’re looking for a rewarding career that makes the most of your skills, strengths and mindset, Quilter could be the right choice for you. Here are just some of the skills you might have which could serve us well.
- Great leadership skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills
- You can work in a team but also take the initiative
- You are able to articulate your points concisely to persuade and influence
- You have a strong moral compass and act with integrity
- You act calmly and decisively to make informed decisions and solve problems.
These are skills, capabilities and qualities we look for in our colleagues. Your ability to apply these skills to a variety of scenarios can help us to ensure we deliver the best possible service to our customers.